Soya Chunks Gravy Recipe – “An easy gravy recipe with chunks(soya), capsicum and tomatoes.”
A recipe using soya chunks is really simple and easy to make. All you have to do is, make a gravy of selected vegetables, soak the chunks in water and add the chunks into the gravy.
If you have very little vegetables to make a gravy, you can add generous amounts of chunks to fill that space. Put the chunks in water for just 10-15 min, they swell up and become ready to be used.
In today’s recipe, I am going to share with you a simple method you can use to make an easy dinner. For this recipe we would use capsicum and tomatoes.
If in case you make this dish in excess, you can keep it in the fridge and use it for breakfast the next day as it would taste a lot better the next day. So, with that said, let me show you how to make this recipe.
Let us get started with the instructions.
• Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
• Turmeric Powder – ½ tbsp.
• Bayleaf – 1
• Cinnamon – ½
• Cloves – 2
• Kasthuri methi (Dry fenugreek powder) – ¼ tbsp
• Garam Masala Powder – 1 tbsp
• Cumin Seeds – 1tbsp
• Tomatoes – 2
• Capsicum – 1
• Green Chilies – 3
• Curry leaves – 6-7
• Soya Chunks – 1 cup(100ml)
• Oil – 4-5 tbsp
• Coriander Leaves – 6-7 leaves
1. Chop 2 tomatoes, 1 capsicum (lengthwise), 3 green chilies, and curry leaves and keep them aside. Also soak the chunks in water.
2. In a pan, heat oil. As the oil starts getting heated, add the cumin seeds and let it splutter in a medium flame.
3. Add 1 bayleaf, ½ cinnamon, 2 cloves, chopped green chilies, curry leaves and cashew nuts into the mix. And fry it for 2 -3 minutes
4. Add the chopped capsicum into the mix and stir fry it well.
5. Once, the capsicums skin starts getting welted, add the soaked chunks into the mix.
While adding the chunks, squeeze the excess water from it using your hands and then add into the mix. This helps the masala's to easily get absorbed in the gravy.
6. Add 1 tbsp of coriander powder, ½ tbsp. of turmeric powder, 1 tbsp of salt, and 1 tbsp. of garam masala powder and stir it well.
7. Now, add the tomatoes into the mix. Add ¼ cup of water into the pan, and close the lid of the pan. Let the tomatoes get cooked in the mix.
8. Give an occasional stir to the mix every 5 min, to ensure it doesn’t get burnt in the pan. Once, the tomatoes have become paste you can stop this process.
9. Sprinkle ¼ tbsp. of kasthurimethi powder over the mix. Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves.
10. Switch off the flame, and enjoy your recipe with roti. Your soya chunk gravy recipe is ready to be served.If you want a thicker gravy, you can add fresh cream into this mix before garnishing.Home › Indian Dinner Recipes › Soy-Chunks-Recipe