Simple cucumber salad recipe is the easiest of all salad recipes. Ideally, whenever you make any salad, this recipe can be used as the base for adding your favorite toppings.
What we will do here, is that we will dice the cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots into small pieces and garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
The best part about this recipe, is that it is very healthy and it is very easy to make. If you are someone who likes to start the day off with vegetables, here is a very simple way to meet that need.
Here is how you can make this recipe.
Note: For this recipe preparation, you will need a grater, a knife, and a peeler.
1. Take 1 full cucumber, 1½ carrots, 2 tomatoes, 1 greenchilly. Remove the outer skins of cucumber and carrot.
2. a) Cut the cucumber into half as shown below
2.b) Cut each half further into 2 halves. Cut each of those halves further as shown
dicing first half
dicing halfs further
2.c) Dice the cucumber as shown below.
3.a) Cut ½ the carrot into 2 halves.
3.b) Cut each half of the carrot into further halves. Dice the carrots nicely as shown below.
3.c) Grate the remaining carrot using a grater.
4. Dice the tomatoes into 2 halves. Cut each half as shown below
5. Chop the green chilly into small pieces and spread it evenly over this mix. If you don’t like spicy flavor of green chilly, you can also use pepper powder.
6. Cut lemon into 2 halves, squeeze ½ of lemon juice into this mix. Add some salt into the salad and mix it well
7. Chop coriander leaves and garnish over this recipe.Your Simple Cucumber salad is ready to be served.
• Anyone can make this simple basic salad by using cucumber, tomato and carrots.
• I have diced the carrots and also grated them.This is an optional step. If you like grated carrots then just grate them. No need to follow both.
Mix Cucumber Recipe: Check out the mixed variety cucumbers(english, green cucumbers)
Easy cucumber recipes:Check this 3 easy cucumber recipes