Before sharing you this green mango salad recipe, let me ask you.
Have you eaten chilly flaked mango slices???
During my childhood days when I used to go in trains, a lady with a big basket of mangoes used to come to sell it. She would have a bottle of dry chilly powder and salt mix with her, which she would sprinkle on the mango slices in her basket.
Its sour taste was so much that, whenever I would think of mangoes, my mouth would water.
Green Mango salad recipe is one such recipe you will like if you love the tangy taste of mangoes and chilly flavor of green chilly.
The unique taste of this recipe is when you get to bite 2-3 raw mango pieces while chewing your salad. That tangy taste, along with your vegetables really makes a good combination.
Let me now, share with you on how to make this recipe.
Note: For this recipe preparation, you will need a grater, a knife, and a peeler.
1. Take 1 full cucumber, 1½ carrots, 2 tomatoes, 1 greenchilly and ½ raw mango. Remove the outer skins of cucumber and carrot.
2. a) Cut the cucumber into half as shown below
2.b) Cut each half further into 2 halves. Cut each of those halves further as shown
2.c) Dice the cucumber as shown below.
3.a) Cut ½ the carrot into 2 halves.
3.b) Cut each half of the carrot into further halves. Dice the carrots nicely as shown below.
3.c) Grate the remaining carrot using a grater.
4. Dice the tomatoes into 2 halves. Cut each half as shown below
5. Chop the green chilly into small pieces and spread it evenly over this mix. If you don’t like spicy flavor of green chilly, you can also use pepper powder.
6. Cut lemon into 2 halves, squeeze ½ of lemon juice into this mix. Add some salt into the salad and mix it well
7. Dice raw mangoes and cut them into smaller pieces.
8. Chop coriander leaves and garnish over this recipe.Your green mango salad is ready to be served.
• The salad uses basic vegetables like cucumber, tomato and carrots which are easily available and easy to cut
Prep Time: 15 min
Type: Salad Recipe
Description: Green Mango salad recipe is the easiest recipe and the first ever recipe you will make while making you salad. This salad can be made in 15 minutes
• Cucumber -1
• Tomato -2
• Carrot – 1½
• Greenchilly – 1
• Green Mango – ½ slice
• Salt – 1tbsp
• Lemon- ½
• Corriender leaves
• Take 1 full cucumber, 1½ carrots, 2 tomato, 1 green-chilly and ½ green mango. Remove the outer skins of cucumber and carrot.
• Cut the cucumber into half as shown below.
• Cut each half further into 2 halves.
• Dice the cucumber as shown below
• Cut ½ the carrot into 2 halves.
• Cut each half of the carrot into further halves.
• Dice the carrots nicely as shown below.
• Grate the remaining carrots and gently spread the mix over the top.
• Dice the tomatoes into 2 halves.
• Chop the green chilly into small pieces and spread it evenly over this mix. If you don’t like spicy flavor of green chilly, you can also use pepper powder.
• Cut lemon into 2 halves, squeeze ½ of lemon juice into this mix.
• Add some salt into the salad, and mix it well.
• Dice half the raw mangoes into small pieces. Add it on top of the mix.
• Chop coriander leaves and garnish over this recipe
• Your Green Mango Salad Recipe is ready.
Crunchy Green Mango Recipe: Check out this crunchy green mango recipe