Easy Fried Rice Recipe – “A quick and easy rice recipe made using carrots, onion and peas mixed along with soy sauce and pepper. Perfect Recipe for bachelors”
When there are just 2 people at home, and you want to make a really quick meal, then you can try out this quick & tasty vegetable fried rice recipe.
With really simple ingredients like onion, carrots and peas, along with the help of a sauce like soy sauce, hot&chilly sauce(optional) and pepper you can make this delicious recipe of fried rice in real quick time.
So, before going in detail, let me give a snapshot of what you would need before making this recipe.
• You would need soy sauce and pepper powder. Unlike other rice recipes, we won’t be adding any masala’s into fried rice. Since it’s more of a Chinese recipe preparation, we would only use soy sauce and pepper.
• I have also added hot and sweet kissan ketchup, which is readily available in the super markets. This also gives a beautiful hot and sweet taste to the rice. (optional)
• You would mainly need 3 main ingredients. Onion, Green Chilly and Carrots. I have also added green peas into the mix, because I felt the rice would taste really good with it.
• You would need basmati rice, to enjoy a really good fried rice. But, hey! You can still enjoy these flavors using normal rice. After all, cooking is about improvisations as well.
So, if you have these basic ingredients with you, you are very well ready to make this dish.
So, shall we move onto the preparation steps? Here we go.
This list Serves – 2 people
• Basmati Rice – 1 cup(100ml)
• Onion – 1 (medium)
• Green Chily – 1
• Carrot – 2 (small)
• Green Peas – 5-10
• Soy Sauce – 1-2 tsp
• Hot and Sweet Chilly Sauce – 1-2 tsp (Optional)
• Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
• Salt – 1tsp
1. Soak the 1 cup of plain basmati rice in water for about 10 min. This is done to soften the rice.
2. Now, place the soaked rice in a rice cooker and add 2 glasses of water. Close the lid of the rice cooker and switch it on. The rice will get cooked in 15-20 min.
3. In the mean time, dice 1 onion and 1 green chilly into small pieces. Slice the carrots into very thin slices and keep them aside. Peel the carrots before slicing it.
4. In a kadai, pour in 1 -2 tbsp of sunflower oil. As the oil gets warm, add the sliced onions and chillies into the mix. Add 1 tsp of salt and let the onions turn golden brown.
5. Once the onions are cooked, add the sliced carrots and peas into the mix. Fry it for 5 minutes in a closed lid and in a low flame.
6. When the ingredients are cooked add 1-2 tsp of soy sauce, 1-2 tsp of chilly sauce and 1tsp of pepper powder into the mix.
Soy Sauce gives it the color and a slight sour flavour to the mix.
7. By this time our rice must have been cooked. So, switch off the kadai. Take the rice out of the cooker, and cool the rice by placing it below a fan for 5 minutes.
This process is done, so that the rice doesn’t break and become mushy while mixing.
8. Once the rice is cooled, add the rice into the kadai. At this time, keep the kadai in a low flame and stir the rice.
9. Switch off the flame, and enjoy this easy fried rice recipe with some paneer makhani gravy.
PS: Since, I haven’t made malai kofta yet, I will just share you a way to make it.