If you have baby corn seeds, you can make an easy corn salad recipe like the one I am going to show.
The specialty of this corn salad is that, we will be adding pomegranate seeds into it. This will give a juicy and slightly sweet salad which is rich in vitamin A and looks very appealing to the eyes due to its color.
Let me show you how to make this recipe. If you had followed the other salad recipes here, you will find that, this salad also uses the same base elements of cucumber, tomato and carrot.
Note: For this recipe preparation, you will need a grater, a knife, and a peeler.
1. Take 1 full cucumber, 1½ carrots, 2 tomatoes, 1 green-chilly and ½ raw mango, 3 ivy gourd(kovakkai). Remove the outer skins of cucumber and carrot.
2. a) Cut the cucumber into half as shown below
2.b) Cut each half further into 2 halves. Cut each of those halves further as shown
2.c) Dice the cucumber as shown below.
3.a) Cut ½ the carrot into 2 halves.
3.b) Cut each half of the carrot into further halves. Dice the carrots nicely as shown below.
3.c) Grate the remaining carrot using a grater.
4. Dice the tomatoes into 2 halves. Cut each half as shown below
5. Chop the green chilly into small pieces and spread it evenly over this mix. If you don’t like spicy flavor of green chilly, you can also use pepper powder.
6. Dice raw mangoes and cut them into smaller pieces.
7. Dice the ivy gourd and cut them into smaller pieces
8. Cut open 1 pomegranate. Take out the seeds
9. Cut lemon into 2 halves, squeeze ½ of lemon juice into this mix. Add some salt into the salad and mix it well
10. Spread the baby corn seeds and garnish over this recipe.Your corn salad is ready to be served.
• The salad uses basic vegetables like cucumber, tomato and carrots which are easily available and easy to cut
• I have also added ivy gourd into it. This is because ivy gourds gives the salads a juicy flavor.
Below are some the other variations of corn salads that you may like.
1.Food.NDTV:Check out this pomo corn salad by aditya bal.
2. MyRecipes:This is a corn salad with kidney beans and pomegranate seeds.