A few days back, I had a corn salad recipe for lunch in my office canteen. There was only one word I could think of while I was eating it. Which was "WOW!!"
Boiled juicy sweet corn, diced capsicum, tomatoes and green-chilies, peppered with tangy chat masala, amchur powder and lemon. I finally knew that I now have found a perfect food to eat while I am not that hungry at lunch.
Normally what happens is, at lunch (around 1-2pm), even when I am not hungry,I take lunch citing convenience as a main reason. Sometimes, I select a full lunch meal and end up wasting the food.
But somehow, this time, I went for this beautiful salad option. And really, what a wonderful tasty recipe it was!
I decided that, this recipe requires to be made and shared. So, here I am preparing the same version of the recipe made in my office canteen .
Note: For this recipe preparation, you will need a grater, a knife, and a peeler.
1. Take 1 full cucumber, 1½ carrots, 2 tomatoes, 1 green-chilly and ½ raw mango, 1 capsicum. Remove the outer skins of cucumber and carrot.
2. a) Cut the cucumber into half as shown below
2.b) Cut each half further into 2 halves. Cut each of those halves further as shown
2.c) Dice the cucumber as shown below.
3.a) Cut ½ the carrot into 2 halves.
3.b) Cut each half of the carrot into further halves. Dice the carrots nicely as shown below.
3.c) Grate the remaining carrot using a grater.
4. Dice the tomatoes into 2 halves. Cut each half as shown below
5. Chop the green chilly into small pieces and spread it evenly over this mix. If you don’t like spicy flavor of green chilly, you can also use pepper powder.
6. Dice raw mangoes and cut them into smaller pieces.
7. Dice the capsicum remove the insides and cut them into smaller pieces
9. Put them in a bowl together. To this add 1/2 tbsp chaat masala powder, 1/4 tbsp amchur powder, 1tbsp salt and lemon juice. Stir well after that.
10. Soak the sweet corn in warm water for 20 minutes. The corn would now have absorbed water and swollen.
11. Add the tomatoes and sweet corn on top of the mix and mix it well. Your tangy corn salad recipe is ready to be served.
• The salad uses basic vegetables like cucumber, tomato and carrots which are easily available and easy to cut
• You can improve the taste of this salad by chopping some fresh coriander leaves on top of this salad.
• I have added raw mangoes into it to give a tangy taste to this recipe. This is an optional step.
Below are some the other variations of corn salads that you may like.
1. Tarladalal:Check out the sweet american corn salad recipe here.
2. FoodNetwork:This is a wonderful Indian street corn salad, I liked.