Capsicum salad with corn is a very colorful recipe with a crunchy taste of the green capsicum. This is a salad you can have while starting your day. With other ingredients like cucumber, tomato, carrots, this will give you a refreshing start.
All you need to make this recipe is to have some fresh baby corn seeds in your fridge.
Let me show you how to make this recipe. If you had followed the other salad recipes here, you will find that, this salad also uses the same base elements of cucumber, tomato and carrot.
Note: For this recipe preparation, you will need a grater, a knife, and a peeler.
1. Take 1 full cucumber, 1½ carrots, 2 tomatoes, 1 green-chilly and ½ raw mango, 1 capsicum. Remove the outer skins of cucumber and carrot.
2. a) Cut the cucumber into half as shown below
2.b) Cut each half further into 2 halves. Cut each of those halves further as shown
2.c) Dice the cucumber as shown below.
3.a) Cut ½ the carrot into 2 halves.
3.b) Cut each half of the carrot into further halves. Dice the carrots nicely as shown below.
3.c) Grate the remaining carrot using a grater.
4. Dice the tomatoes into 2 halves. Cut each half as shown below
5. Chop the green chilly into small pieces and spread it evenly over this mix. If you don’t like spicy flavor of green chilly, you can also use pepper powder.
6. Dice raw mangoes and cut them into smaller pieces.
7. Dice the capsicum remove the insides and cut them into smaller pieces
9. Cut lemon into 2 halves, squeeze ½ of lemon juice into this mix. Add some salt into the salad and mix it well
10. Spread the diced capsicum and baby corn seeds on top of this recipe.
11. Dice some coriander leaves, and garnish on top of this recipe. Mix it well. Your salad recipe is ready.
• The salad uses basic vegetables like cucumber, tomato and carrots which are easily available and easy to cut
• I have added raw mangoes into it to give a tangy taste to this recipe. This is an optional step.
Below are some other variations of capsicum salads. Check these as well.
1. FoodNetwork: Check this salad that adds shallots, capsicum and olive oil. I think this will be a good lunch appetizer.
2. TarlaDalaal: This site writes about a good capsicum salad made in Indian Style. Check this out.